Taken from Regent Road during the very enjoyable RB outing in Edinburgh, Scotland on a typical grey Scottish winters day (7th Feb 2010). A good day out in very good company.
North Bridge crossing over Waverley Railway Station.
Lying at the East end of Princes Street, North Bridge was the catalyst which finally brought about a northwards expansion of the city with the New Town (on the right of the shot). It provided a link from the Old Town to the south (on the left of the shot). The original bridge was replaced by another built of steel girders by Sir William Arrol in 1895. This is now subject to the highest levels of protection as a structure of historical and architectural interest.
Edinburgh Waverley railway station, commonly called Waverley, is the main railway station in the Scottish capital Edinburgh. Covering an area of over 25 acres (101,000 m²) in the centre of the city, it is the largest main line railway station in the United Kingdom in terms of area and number of platforms. It is the northern terminus of the East Coast Main Line, and the terminus of the Edinburgh branch of the West Coast Main Line. It is the second-busiest railway station in Scotland, with only Glasgow Central handling more passengers.
The building at front left is the new Edinburgh Council Offices in Market Street.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.1.4.