Standing in the pretty village of Dalmeny, close to South Queensferry and the Forth Bridges is St Cuthbert’s Parish Church. St Cuthbert’s is the best preserved Norman Parish Church in Scotland.
Probably built in about 1160 by Gospatric III, Earl of Lothian, the grandson of Gospatric, Earl of Northumbria, who had fled into exile in Scotland following the Norman conquest of England.
St Cuthbert’s Church is an Historic Scotland Category A Listed building (HB Number 5570).
Information supplied by Undiscovered Scotland and Wikipedia.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Sold a Card on 27 Feb 10
Related shots can be found at:
South Queensferry or Lowland Scotland.
Featured in : Live, Love, Dream: : 8 Jan 10
Featured in : Religious Art and Photography : 25 Jan 10