The City Chambers in Glasgow, Scotland is the headquarters of Glasgow City Council, located on the East side of the city’s George Square. The building was constructed between 1882 and 1888 by the architect William Young and is an eminent example of Victorian civic architecture. Inaugurated in August 1888 by Queen Victoria, the first council meeting was held within the buildings in October 1889.
The Chambers were used as part of the location for The House of Mirth an adaptation of the novel by Edith Wharton by Terence Davies starring Gillian Anderson and Dan Aykroyd.
Information supplied by Wikipedia.
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 3.2.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Sigma 18-200mm lens
Exif data from the JPG
Focal length 24 mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Featured in : Glasgow Photo Gallery : 18 Jul 11
Sold 1 Card : 27 Mar 12
Sold 1 Medium Mounted Print : 28 Nov 12