The Fortress of St. Nicholas, Mandraki Harbour, Rhodes.
Mandraki, the military harbour and most likely the harbour of ancient Rhodes Town, was protected by a tower built in 1464-67 by Grand Master Raimondo Zacosta at the end of a natural wharf where other mills were located. The tower was turned into a small fortress by Grand Master d’Aubusson who built a bastion around it after the first siege of Rhodes. Today the fort functions as a lighthouse.
The Old Town of the City of Rhodes is the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe and has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Sigma 18-200mm lens
Exif data from the JPG
Focal length 18 mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER