The Big Wheel on Princes Street, Edinburgh. The wheel is part of the Christmas fair which appears every year at the end of November. Behind the wheel is the monument to Sir Walter Scott.
It was built during 1836-46. The architect was George Meikle Kemp (1795-1844), a joiner who entered the competition under a pseudonym to avoid prejudice; the joiner/architect sadly fell into the Union Canal in the fog and drowned before the work was completed.
BEST VIEWED LARGER