Castel Nuovo and the Civic Museum in Naples Italy.
This castle also known as Maschio Angioino, was built between 1279 and 1282 by Charles of Anjou. Later the castle was completely changed by Alfonso of Aragon in the 15th century. It is located at Naples Harbour. Its 3 dark towers were built from lava stones of Mount Vesuvius.
The Chapel of St Barbara, originally decorated by Maso di Baco, remains from the French period. At the entrance of the castle is the magnificent Arch of Triumph, built to commemorate the Aragonese victory. The castle houses the Civic Museum which contains 15th and 20th century paintings and sculptures primarily from Neapolitan churches.
BEST VIEWED LARGER