In the centre of Birnam, Perthshire, Scotland, is St Mary’s Church, complete with its clock tower.
The church was built in 1858 and is set in its own well cared for churchyard. The clock tower was added in 1883.
Windows in the church are by a number of different designers, including William Morris.
Situated on the banks of the River Tay, the conservation village of Birnam is home to the Birnam Oak, the last remaining example of Birnam Wood so famous from Shakespeare’s Macbeth.
Three bracketed RAWs converted to HDR in Photomatix Pro 4.1.4.
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Sold 1 Card : 21 Feb 13
Related shots can be found at Dunkeld.