Ruthven Barracks outside Kingussie in the upper Spey Valley in the Heart of the Scottish Highlands.
Ruthven Barracks was built by the Hanoverian troops in 1719. It was built as a defence for the area after the Jacobean rising in 1715.
The building now lies as a ruin after the roof was burned when the barracks were captured by the Jacobean army in 1746, although the main areas, used as stables and as a residential block are still intact.
BEST VIEWED LARGER