The Corn Exchange in Biggar, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Biggar Corn Exchange, a Grade B listed building dating back to 1860. The building is a major landmark in the town, built on the site of the old rat-infested Meal House. The new Corn Exchange failed to achieve success as a grain market, and became a popular dancing and entertainment venue.
In 1935 the Corn Exchange was gifted to the Biggar Burgh Council and the Biggar Theatre Workshop now leases the building from the local council at a nominal rent as its venue for its theatrical performances.
The Biggar Theatre Workshop was founded in 1971 and since then has become one of the main sources of arts facilities in the district, allowing the people of Biggar and the surrounding areas the opportunity to participate in live theatre as well as creating a performance and arts venue for local and travelling theatre groups.
Three bracketed JPGs converted to HDR in Photomatix.
BEST VIEWED LARGER