Dating from the 15th century, the Guildhall, which was used as a meeting place for the various Guilds of the city was built on the site of a former Commonhall.
The Guildhall was badly damaged during the Baedeker Raid in 1942. The building was rebuilt using as much of the original stonework as possible and re-opened in 1960.
The City of York was originally named Eboracum by the Roman founders in 71 AD.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image, Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.