The tower is 98.6 metres (323 ft) tall, and stands alone in a corner of St Mark’s Square, near the front of the Basilica. The campanile reached its present form in 1514. As it stands today, however, the tower is a reconstruction, completed in 1912 after the collapse of 1902.
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER