South Queensferry, Scotland, seen from the Back Braes (back lanes).
South Queensferry was created a Burgh of Regality in the 13th century and made a Royal Burgh in 1636. It traded actively with Europe in the 17th century.
Dominating the shot is the Forth Road Bridge. The bridge is nearly 1828m (2000 yards) long while its main span, of 1006m (3300 feet), is the tenth longest in the world; its towers are over 150m (500 feet) high. When it was opened by HM Queen Elizabeth II on the 4th September, 1964, the bridge was the longest in the world outside the USA.
Along with the Forth Rail Bridge (about half a mile to the East) these two bridges form the main traffic arteries north and south.
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER