Inchgarvie was the site of a castle built for King James IV, Construction began in 1491.
Over the centuries, the island has been used as a compulsory refuge for victims of the Grandgore, (syphilis), a prison and a place of exile for the plague-stricken.
The island was fortified and permanently manned during both World Wars but has been uninhabited ever since.
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER