This house was built around 1879 by Leason Gregg. It is thought to be the 1st frame houses built in the cove. It has been shifted and added to over the years. Besides being a home, it has also been a boarding house and store on the 1st floor. Leason bought an acre of land from John P. Cable and built the house. Lumber for its building was sawn on the place. In 1887 Rebecca Cable and her brother Dan bought the place. Rebecca died in 1940 at 96. After her death the house was moved from Forge Creek Road to its present location……This place is found about half way around the Cades Cove Loop Road, GSMNP. Several other structures are located her as well as Cable’s gristmill. A visitor center is also located on the property…..When the park took over they were several frame houses in the cove and park. Since these were NEW houses at the time they were removed.