The Chapel of the Madonna delle Grazie sits by the side of a farm track near La Mora, in the Piemonte region of Italy. It was built by a farmer in 1914. In 1972 the Ceretto Family bought the surrounding vineyard. In 1999 two artists, David Tremlett (1945) and Sol LeWitt (1928-2006) were commissioned for the reinterpretation of the chapel in a contemporary style. Sol LeWitt did the interior and David Tremlett did the exterior. The two are considered to be leading figures of Conceptual art as theorized in the U.S. during the sixties.
623 views 11/04/14