© Image Copyright Yhun Suarez
The Divinity School is a medieval building and room in the Perpendicular style in Oxford, England, part of the University of Oxford. Built 1427–83, it is the oldest surviving purpose-built building for university use, specifically for lectures and discussions on theology. It is no longer used for this purpose, although Oxford does offer degrees in divinity taught by its Faculty of Theology, which is housed at the Theology Faculty Centre, 41 St Giles’, Oxford.
The ceiling consists of very elaborate lierne vaulting with bosses, designed by William Orchard in the 1480s.
The building is physically attached to the Bodleian Library and is also next to the Sheldonian Theatre where students gain their degrees. At the far end from the Bodleian Library entrance, a door leads to Convocation House (built 1634–7).
Nikon D60, tamron 10-24 mm lens @ 10 mm, handheld, UV filter, f/4, 1/60 sec, ISO 200.
3 RAW files tone mapped in Photomatix.
merged as vertorama & adjusted in PS.