The Royal Horse Guards (RHG) was a cavalry regiment of the British Army, part of the Household Cavalry.
Founded August 1650 in Newcastle Upon Tyne by Sir Arthur Haselrig on the orders of Oliver Cromwell as the Regiment of Cuirassiers, the regiment became the Earl of Oxford’s Regiment during the reign of King Charles II. As the regiment’s uniform was blue in colour at the time, it was nicknamed “the Oxford Blues”, from which was derived the nickname the “Blues.” In 1750 the regiment became the Royal Horse Guards Blue and eventually, in 1877, the Royal Horse Guards (The Blues).
In 1918, the regiment served as the 3rd Battalion, Guards Machine Gun Regiment. During the Second World War the regiment was part of the Household Cavalry Composite Regiment. (Source: Wikipedia)
Nikon D60, tamron 10-24 mm lens, handheld, no flash, f/3.5, 1/30, ISO 200, focal length 10 mm.
single file converted to 3 exposures in PS.
tone mapped in Photomatix.