The stately home of the world renowned Cleveland Orchestra, Severance Hall is named after revered Cleveland philanthropist John Long Severance’s wife Elisabeth Dewitt. Designed by the equally noteworthy firm of Walker and Weeks, it was finished and opened in 1931. It has been regarded by many as one of the finest concert halls in the world. Since its opening, it has been an anchor for Cleveland culture and a civic model for other cities. The Art Deco structure not only enhances the University Circle district, but lends an air of aristocracy to the Wade Oval museum row which includes among others the internationally lauded Cleveland Museum of Art and The Cleveland Museum of Natural History .