Tilt & Shift / Lensbaby 2.0
Kirk Braddan, the parish church of the parish of Braddan, is at Braddan Bridge, on the Douglas-Peel road just outside the western edge of Douglas, and a landmark on the TT motorcycle race course.
Old Kirk Braddan was the parish church in Braddan till 1876. Dedicated to Saint Brendan or Braddan the site has a deep religious past. Fourteen centuries of Christian worship can be traced. Stones from the first Celtic Keeill (Chapel) can be dated back to around 400 AD. The current Kirk Braddan church was built around 1876 and is next to its older counterpart.