Through The Arch from the walled garden at The Greenmount Campus of the Agricultural College in County Antrim, N. Ireland leading to the walkway around the pond.
The lands occupied by Greenmount Campus were at one time part of Muckamore Abbey, which was founded by St Colman Elo in 550 AD. It flourished until the dissolution of the monasteries in the reign of King Henry VIII.
Subsequently, James Thompson became associated with the Muckamore district and a branch of this family lived at Greenmount until the second half of the 19th century.
Early in the last century, it was decided to establish an agricultural college in the northeast of Ulster. The Greenmount estate was considered suitable and, in 1910, was purchased by the County Antrim Committee of Agriculture.