The Old Priory Church is situated on the earliest documented religious site in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland. Established as a monastery in the 7th century it was redesigned as an Augustinian Abbey in 1177 AD on the orders of Sir John de Courcy. By the 15th century it had become a Franciscan Priory and was formally dissolved during the reign of Henry VIII. It was rebuilt as a parish church during the Plantation of Ulster but was finally abandoned as a place of worship in 1844. The surrounding graveyard is still in use and some of the older headstones still bear the details of their Norman origin.