“THROUGH THE BLACKEST NIGHT, MORNING GENTLY TIPTOES, FEELING IT’S WAY TO DAWN”.
This is a window at the historic Klosters St. Georgen in Stein Am Rhein, Switzerland.
St. George’s Abbey (Kloster Sankt Georgen) was a Benedictine monastery in Switzerland. In or around 1007 Emperor Henry II moved St. George’s Abbey from its former location on the Hohentwiel in Singen (Germany) to Stein am Rhein in Switzerland. In the 15th century the Abbey completely rebuilt its premises, which remain as a significant example of late Gothic architecture in the region. Now it is one of the best preserved monasteries in Switzerland.