Little Bredy, Dorset
Nikon D7000 / manual / raw
The parish church of Little Bredy is dedicated to St. Michael and All Angels and is a chapelry to Long Bredy. The present church is largely a rebuild of the medieval building. The tower and part of the chancel survive intact of the early church, the rest having been rebuilt in 1847. Some of the original medieval windows of the chancel were preserved. Extensions were added of the north and south aisles. A steeple was added as were four new bells. The cost of the rebuild and restoration was borne by Robert Williams. The memorials to the Bridges family, which had been in the old church, were re-sited in the new one.
The first recorded incumbent of the church was Richard de Preston in 1297. He, and each subsequent priest, was presented by the Abbot of Cerne until the last one, Roger Bond who in 1531 was also put in charge of Kingston Russell. The likely reason for him being appointed to Kingston Russell is that the village is extra-parochial, that is: not a parish in its own right but affiliated, though not part of, another nearby parish.
.. info: http://www.weymouth-dorset.co.uk/little-bredy.html