Free As A Bird
An Earth Day Dedication (See Poem Below)
When the storms approach the coast, seagulls come visit our little mountain lake. I’m going to miss these little guys when they go home again. It’s been so much fun photographing them.
Taken with a Canon EOS 7D with a Canon 18-200mm telephoto zoom lens near Lake Isabella, California, USA.
Dedication for Earth Day, April 2011
The Earth has not wings
to fly away
when we hurt her
with careless neglect
or intentional harm
her gifts wither away
do we notice?
do we care?
do we change?
are we aware?
when she is gone
so are we
3033 Views on 02-22-14: Submitted to the 500-5000 Views Group on 2-22-14
108 Views on 11/30/2010.
Submitted to the 100-499 Viewings Group on 11/30/10.
507 Views on 01/22/11.
Submitted to the 500 to 5000 Viewings Group on 01/22/11.
Favorites: 25 on 12/29/2010
31 on 01/11/2011
40 on 01/13/2011
50 on 01/17/2011
53 on 01/22/2011
65 on 02-22-2014
1. Featured in the World the Way We See It, or as We Missed it, November 2010. (Thank you!)
2. Featured in Tuesday Afternoon, November 2010. (Thank you!)
3. Hosting Tutorial Class, November 2010. (Thank you!)
4. The Birds, November 2010. (Than you!)
5. Feelin’ Good, December 2010. (Thank you!)
6. If It Doesn’t Belong, December 2010. (Thank you!)
7. Journal Junkies, December 2010. (Thank you!)
8. All Things Aquatic, January 2011. (Thank you!)
9. Cee’s Fun Artsy Friends, January 2011. (Thank you!)
10. Canon DSLR Users Group, January 2011. (Thank you!)
11. Just for a Giggle, January 2011. (Thank you!)
12. Cat Raven Challenge, February 2011. (Thank you!)
13. Sierra Nevada Group, March 2011. (Thank you!)
This image also appeared on the RedBubble Explore Featured Photography Page, January 12, 2011. (Thank you!)
Part of my Seagull and Friends fully-customizable calendar.