The Coops (Melbourne Central) Shot Tower is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. It was completed in 1890 and is 50 metres high. The historic building was saved from demolition in 1973 and was incorporated into the massive Melbourne Central complex in 1991 underneath an 84m high conical glass roof.
Coop’s Shot Tower is 9 storeys high, and has 327 steps to the top. The tower produced six tonnes of shot weekly up until 1961, when the demand for the lead shot dwindled, due to new firearm regulations.
Recently, a museum called the Shot Tower Museum has been set up inside of the tower at the back of R.M. Williams, which is tenanted in the tower.
Canon 5D MKii