St Patrick’s Cathedral is the mother church of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne. The Centenary of its official opening and Consecration was marked in 1997; however, the first Mass was celebrated on the site in February 1858 in a former partially completed church, some of which was incorporated into the south aisle of the present building. By 1868, the completed nave of the Cathedral first served the needs of the community for regular worship and prayer.
Image captured with:
Canon 5D mkII
Samyang 14mm FD Wide Angle, MF
Manipulated saturation and exported from Lightroom