Taken with a Canon 50D, Sigma 17-70 lens at 17mm, F11, shutter speed 1/160 second ISO100, tweaked in Photoshop
Another shot from our Easter holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, this was taken on a horeshoe walk from Middleham castle, down the river cover through East Witton and then back to Middlehm castle.
East Witton is a village in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England. Located south of Leyburn, it is the resting place of Richard Whiteley; he and his partner Kathryn Apanowicz lived in the village. There is also a West Witton in the Yorkshire Dales. The village lies at the edge of the Jervaulx Abbey park, and with Coverdale to the immediate west.
The village acquired a charter and a market in 1307 which died out in the 18th century. The Earl of Ailesbury rebuilt most of East Witton in the early years of the 19th century, the houses and gardens in the same places as they were in 1627 according to an old estate map. In 1809, on the new site at the east of the village, a church was built by the road; this replaced the old church of St Martin whose site is now covered in trees.