Fairfield lies between Brookland and Brenzett on a minor road in a deserted part of the Walland Marsh. The area was won from the sea (inned) sometime between 1200 and 1270. The monks from Canterbury built dykes to the western edge of the Rhee Wall (the sea defenses built by the Romans) and enclosed the land so reclaiming the rich and fertile soil from the sea.
Fayrefelde existed before 1595 as a map of the time shows the village approximately where the church now sits. It is likely that as the land became more reclaimed so the village sprung up.
Nowadays all that can be seen is the church lying down from the road embankment which is probably the original inning wall. St Thomas a Becket at Fairfield is one of those churches supported by the Romney Marsh Historic Churches Trust .
3 Bracket exposures, merged in Photomatix Pro