“Table Top Photography” — February 2013
“As Is Photography” — March 2013
This vibrant red jelly is as good as it looks. Crackers, cream cheese & red pepper jelly and you’re ready to receive royality!
Recipe for Hot Pepper Jelly
Wear Gloves!! Delicious with anything! Serve with roasts, on cheese scones, with bagels & cream cheese, on crackers with cream cheese….Enjoy!!
8 hot red peppers *
1 cup white vinegar
5 ½ cups sugar
6 tbsps. lemon juice
1 bottle Certo (or 2 pouches)
• Remove seeds from peppers (do this under cold running water or a sink full of cold water)
• Pulse in food processor taking care not to turn the peppers into mush (you want to see pretty red slivers in your jelly)
• Mix peppers with vinegar, sugar, and lemon juice
• Bring to boil
• Lower heat, let cook 5 minutes stirring constantly
• Remove from heat, let cool 10 minutes
• Add Certo, mix well
• Pour into jars immediately
*(Around here, these red peppers are long and large enough and quite hot! — You can also add in some hot dried red peppers if you want it to be really spicy… you can’t go too wrong with this recipe…if the peppers are not that hot, the jelly will be sweet and still good. You can also use hot green peppers for a different look.)
Good luck and enjoy!!!