BEST VIEWED LARGER
This shot taken in LIthgow’s Blast Furnace Park around sunset
Blast Furnace Park is a monument to Lithgow’s industrial history. It was here that the first iron and steel were cast in Australia. William Sandford
established the blast furnace in 1886 and it continued production until 1928 when the entire industry was move to Port Kembla.
The site has now been developed as a park around the remains of the pump house and the furnace foundations. There is a pleasant walk around Lake
Pillans Wetland is adjacent to the park
Technique: HDR = 5 bracketted Images = Photomatix
Equipment: NIkon D300 Sigma 10-20mm lens