Norton Marsh drainage mill was built in 1863 on the south bank of the River Yare just to the east of the mouth of the River Chet and to the south of Reedham Ferry. The mill stood at the end of short track from the road and stood alone by the river beside a more modern red brick pumphouse. The 4 storey tarred red brick tower stood 30 ft 3 ins high to the top of the brickwork. The overall base diameter was 20 ft 4 ins and the diameter at the top was 12 ft 6 ins with 22½ ins thick walls.
Canon EOS1000D RAW image processed using Topaz Adjust in PS CS5