Published by permission of Lancing College. Begun in 1868 and designed by RH Carpenter and William Slater as a catholic chapel for Lancing College whose grounds it stands in it is still not completed. It is a familiar landmark for miles around. The nave stands 90 feet high from floor to vaults. The stall canopies are by Gilbert Scott. Stained glass by Clayton & Bell, and Bower.