Please view large.
The old Mission House, also called Kemp House is situated in Kerikeri in the Bay Of Islands.
It is one of the oldest if not the oldest wooden houses in NZ. built in 1821-22 by the London based church mission society.
The mission at that time was under the protection of Hone Heke, the prominent Maori chief in the area. Built by the Rev. John Butler with local settlers and Maori sawers. it was taken over by the Kemp family along with the Stone Store ( the oldest stone building in NZ)
in 1929 and gifted to the NZ Historic Places Trust in 1974.
Fuji HS10 at 46mm, 1/250, f/8, mode manual, iso 200.