PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW LARGE.
The Anderton Boat-lift takes two narrow boats at a time from the Trent & Mersey Canal, 50ft down to the River Weaver south of Manchester, UK.
It was designed and built by Edward Clark in 1875, It was overhauled in 1904 and closed in 1983. It was re-opened after a two year restoration between 2000 and 2002.
The photograph shows two narrow boats, ours on the right, coming down for a three day trip on the River Weaver before heading off to Leeds and the River Trent in 2007.
Fuji, Fine Pix S5000 at 5.7mm, 1/140 f/8, iso 200, manual.