Margaretville Lighthouse seen from the wharf April 24, 2011
HDR process. 6 images in Photomatix and some dodge and burn to add more tone mapping.
The Margaretville lighthouse was established in 1859. When the lighthouse was erected, it was one of the first along the Nova Scotia side of the Bay of Fundy. Before that time there were only about half a dozen lighthouses in operation on the Bay. The lighthouse is a 22 foot high tapered square wood tower painted white with black bands. The white light is shown 30 feet above the water.