This Italianate style Court House takes pride of place in Goulburn, NSW, having been opened in 1887. It is still very much in use, with a maximum security gaol also in town.
As Philip J points out in the comments below, James Barnett was the architect – he also designed Sydney GPO, Lands Dept Building in Bridge St Sydney, as well as Balmain, Bathurst, Deniliquin, Newcastle, Orange, and Yass Court Houses. An impressive list of accomplishments!
Pity there weren’t a few white fluffy clouds on the day!
Taken while scouting the area for potential photo ops for a meetup next year.
Processed in Photomatix from a single jpeg x 3 @ +/- 0.3