Historical Marker Text
First Methodist Church, Jermyn, Texas
Organized November 24, 1909, by the Rev. L. D. Shawver, pastor, in first house built in Jermyn – home of Mr. and Mrs. W. T. Jones.
The original trustees were J. D. Gillespie, H. T. Jinks, and W. T. Jones.
This church (first in area) was built 1910 on present site, 1st Avenue and Wise Street.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1968.
Canon EOS Rebel T1i
Sigma 18-270mm lens
Tripod, 3 RAW images +2 to -2, Photomatix Pro 4,2