The Levant mine is situated on Cornwall’s rugged North coast halfway between St. Just and St. Ives, it opened in 1820 and mined for tin and copper till it’s closure in 1930, 130,000 tons of copper and 24,000 tons of tin were extracted during it’s working life plus substantial quantities of arsenic.
The mine is owned and maintained by the National Trust and is the home of Cornwall’s only working steam beam engine, guided tours can be enjoyed by the visitor.
In the distance about 2 miles along the coast is the Pendeen Lighthouse, halfway between and just out of shot is the Geevor Tin Mine which was the last major tin mine to close in Cornwall, it is now open for guided tours and well worth a visit.
PLEASE VIEW LARGER
18 -70 zoom @ 44mm
F11 for 1’80 sec
White Balance set to Sunny
CP Filter and G1 Grad