Originally the Beaverhead County Courthouse, this beautiful building was purchased by Dr. John Singleton Meade, in 1890, for $1,250.00. He remodeled the building, added a kitchen in the back and turned it into a fancy hotel. The Meade Hotel operated until the 1940’s.
Bannack is a ghost town that has been preserved by the Bannack Historical and Museum Association and run as part of the Montana State Park system. The discovery of gold in Grasshopper Creek in 1862 brought hundreds of miners to the area and, by spring of 1863, the town had a population of over 3,000. It became the first state capitol of Montana.
Photo taken 9/5/11 with a Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS camera.
ExposureTime – 1/80 seconds
FNumber – 3.20
ISOSpeedRatings – 64
ShutterSpeedValue – 1/81 seconds
ApertureValue – F 3.25
FocalLength – 19.30 mm