This is a collaboration between Shaun and me. It’s is a manipulation of a photo that Shaun took and wasn’t satisfied with. He thought the colors on the flower looked washed out compared to what he saw in my mother’s garden.
I started by XProcessing the photo, to change the colors a bit and make them more vivid. I then used the Redfield Fractalius filter on a duplicate layer and lowered the opacity to 20 percent so that it would just add a subtle glow to the photo. I then added another layer of the Fractalius version of the flower and changed the blend to overlay, to enhance the outline colors.
I’ve never done photo manips before, so I’m learning as I go. Below is the original photo.