Get a one-way ticket to 20% off everything. Use code TAKEOFF20

Waste

RobertCharles

Vancouver, Canada

  • Available
    Products
    7
  • Artist
    Notes
  • Artwork Comments 11

Wall Art

Stationery

Artist's Description

Americans generate more waste than any other nation in the world with 4.5 pounds of municipal solid waste per person per day, 55 percent of which is contributed as residential garbage. The remaining 45 percent of waste in the U.S.‘s ‘waste stream’ comes from manufacturing, retailing, and commercial trade in the U.S. economy.

Waste pollution is considered a serious threat by many and can broadly be defined as any pollution associated with waste and waste management practices. Typical materials that are found in household waste, and which have specific environmental impacts, include biodegradable wastes, batteries, aerosols, oils, acids and fluorescent tubes.

Biodegradable waste is of specific concern because it breaks down in landfills to form methane, a potent greenhouse gas. If this gas is not prevented from entering the atmosphere, by implication, it contributes to climate change.

What it boils down to is that “Man” is contributing all this waste and we have become victims of our own greed and selfishness. The ecosystem has been greatly damaged and is beyond repair – in our lifetime we are already seeing the effects, with a lot more to come!

Please people . . .less waste, less stuff.

Artwork Comments

  • DeviousLili
  • RobertCharles
  • DeviousLili
  • RobertCharles
  • Tama Blough
  • Tama Blough
  • DeviousLili
  • RicAlexander
  • RobertCharles
  • titus
  • RobertCharles
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait

10% off

for joining the Redbubble mailing list

Receive exclusive deals and awesome artist news and content right to your inbox. Free for your convenience.