This is the Wheel of Nottingham on the Old Market Square in Nottingham City Centre.
Formerly known as The Nottingham Eye, but had to change its name after a lawsuit from the owners of the London Eye.
About the wheel
The following impressive specification:
- 365 tonnes, fully self supporting
- 40 capsule
- capacity 6 people per capsule
- All capsules are enclosed & waterproof
- A true 360 degree panoramic view of the surrounding area
- Almost completely silent operation
- Set up takes 1 week by 10 qualified riggers working with one 1×72 tonne crane
- Transport is on 11 trailers