Number of views as of 18th November 2013 = 390.
The third or fourth building to be named thus, the current Kew Palace (Kew Gardens, London, England) was actually built as a mansion house by a wealthy Dutch merchant in the 1660s, hence its alternative name ‘The Dutch House’.
It was later sold to King George III in 1781 for £20,000 as a temporary residence, whilst a new, grander palace was being built. The new palace did not live up to expectations however and was never finished.
Date: 22nd April 2011.