Sunshine was filtered through thick gray clouds and the breeze was a bit chilly, but the winds let up just long enough to allow this nice reflection of the Hillsgrove Bridge to appear on the Loyalsock Creek.
This photograph was taken on December 5th, 2012, with a Canon EOS 5D camera, through a Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L lens at the 22mm focal length. The aperture was f/20 with a .8 sec exposure @ ISO 100. A Circular Polarizing filter was mounted on the lens. The camera was mounted on a Manfrotto tripod.
Please click on the picture to see the Larger View
The Hillsgrove Covered Bridge crosses Loyalsock Creek on Covered Bridge Road (off of Splash Dam Road) along PA Route 87. This site is about five miles south of Forksvill, PA, and can be seen while driving on RT-87. It is Sullivan County’s longest covered span, with a total length of 171 feet. This bridge was originally built in 1850 using the “Burr Arch” design. The Hillsgrove Covered Bridge was the very first Pennsylvania covered bridge that was ever listed on the US National Register of Historic Places. That proclamation was issued on July 2, 1973.
Inside the Hillsgrove Covered Bridge
© 2012 Gene Walls
All copyright and reproduction rights are retained by the artist. Artwork may not be reproduced or altered by any process without the express written permission of Gene Walls. A copyright watermark is embedded within the image to guarantee successful prosecution, in the event of any violation.
FEATURED in “The World As We See It…”