Built by John Geldmacher, a naturalised german settler.
In 1865 he began to assemble materials During the next seven years he laboured almost unaided on the construction.
The work was completed in 1872 The Mill was ready for use
The mill was intended as a flour mill Wind driben
Soon after comletion he was informed he could NOT operate the mill as it was in a prescribed distance of a public road
It was alleged that the shadows of the mill fans would frighten the horses when passing along the roads
Whether or not the mill functioned as a windmill is still the subject of research
Subsequently Geldmacher removed the wooden wings and connected it to horse power
It has been stated by many old residents that some fine flour was produced.
At some future date Gelmacher converted the flour mill to a timber mill
By 1885 the mill seems to have ceased
In 1961 restoration works were commenced