I wanted to combine elements from a couple of my previous pieces in order to experimentally see how they worked together. I found this background interesting and wanted to see how it played off the pinks and reds I had used for some earlier florals. I used Winsor & Newton watercolor paint in this although it is predominantly Rublev 18th century reproduction watercolor paint on Arches 140# cold pressed paper. I had a bit of a difficult time getting the pinks, reds, and yellows to scan with the proper tonality for the digitized version of the painting. The original is 14″ × 10.25″ in size.
Featured in Painted Florals group in February 2011.