Claude Chana was the first fruit farmer in Auburn, California, who discovered gold in the Auburn Ravine in 1848. Soon after, this site became a mining camp, which eventually became the town of Auburn. This statue was erected with 45 tons of concrete, rebar and a wire mesh framework by an Auburn resident, Ken Fox, in the 1970s. It’s located right at the entrance to old town Auburn, which is also abundant with lovely restored historic buildings. This photograph was taken with a Canon 40D.