1. playing in the rain rarely gives you a cold, and it’s always worth it.
2. judging people is easy. just be careful, it’s even easier to be a hypocrite.
3. everyone will tell you to “just be yourself”. but it’s not that easy. don’t worry if you don’t even know who you are, and who to be.
4. nothing beats fresh chocolate chip cookies in milk.
5. sleep with your window cracked in the summertime.
6. help someone else when you feel like shit about yourself.
7. deep breathing really does help when you’re panicking.
8. don’t take classes, join clubs, or generally do things in high school just for the sake of appealing to colleges.
9. you will end up where you belong.
10. don’t get too attached to just one person. have a variety of friends.
11. don’t be afraid to cry.
12. life isn’t fair.
13. and shit happens.
14. your attitude about things has a huge impact on how you perform.
15. listen to good music, even if that means not listening to the “popular” junk on the “cool” radio station.
16. it’s nice to lie in bed and listen to rain.
17. it’s also nice to listen in the car.
18. don’t give up on love.
19. don’t waste all your money on something stupid that you wont want next year.
20. get a job.
21. travel in highschool. do service in different parts of the world.
22. read the newspaper.
23. of course people will say it’s stupid and untrustworthy, but astrology and horoscopes are fun.
24. try to let go of grudges. they make everything more difficult.
25. no matter how much it sucks, whatever you’re going through, there is someone suffering even more.
26. appreciate your parents.
27. don’t be so competitive, its just gym class.
28. spend time with your siblings. get to know them.
29. and your grandparents, too.
30. swallowing your gum won’t kill you.
31. find a way to spend time with children in highschool. their impact on you could be incredible.
32. laugh harder.
33. don’t use the word “gay” as an insult. it is NOT a synonym for stupid or ugly. look it up.
34. and on that note, dont fear being gay. there is nothing wrong with being gay.
35. … love is love is love.