Canon 500d 55-250 mm lens
1 hand held shot HDR processed in Dynamic photo .
Haworth Art Gallery is an Edwardian Tudor-style house in its own park with lovely views across the surrounding hills. It has an oak-panelled entrance hall and an Arts and Crafts staircase and delightful wood and plaster decorations adorn the main reception rooms.
From 1909 to 1920, it was the home of cotton manufacturer William Haworth and his sister Anne; it was then bequeathed to the people of Accrington and has been a public art gallery ever since.
The Haworth Art Gallery houses the largest public collection of Tiffany glass ion Europe. It was given to the people of Accrington by Joseph Briggs who in 1891, aged only 17, left Accrington to seek his fortune in America. He worked with Tiffany in New York in various jobs all his working life and sent his collection back to his home town in 1933. The collection is displayed over four rooms and includes some of the finest glass Tiffany ever produced.