Nubble light – Cape Neddick, Maine, USA
Camera: Canon EOS 5D;Lens: Canon EF-24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM; f/13.0 @ 1/750 sec; ISO 800; Focal Length: 80mm
Located on a small rocky island (the nubble) off the eastern point of Cape Neddick, the lighthouse was authorized by President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1877 and first lit in July 1879. Although initially painted chocolate brown, the 41-foot cast-iron tower has been white since 1902. The walkway between the keeper’s house and the tower was added in 1911. Today, the lighthouse is owned by the town of York.
(Source: Discovering Maine’s Lighthouses and Harbors – Summer 2011 edition)